Best Canadian Online Casinos with Free Spin Bonuses
While there are plenty of distinguishing factors that make Canadians deposit into some online casinos over others, such as particular casino games or secure payment options, the one thing that consistently draws in players are the casino bonuses. For new gamblers, the free spins, deposit bonus, and welcome bonus can be the sole determining factor of whether they sign up to the website or not. In this article, we are going to look at what types of free spin promotions are offered, what to look out for when choosing a free spin promotion and what the best 6 online casinos with free spins for Canadian players in 2019.
|As of right now, has a limited offer of a 100% match bonus up to $500 Canadian dollars with 100 free spins. They are also offering a welcome bonus of $1500 and $150 worth of free spins with a minimum deposit of $10 Canadian dollars and have free spin Mondays. They have rapid cash outs within 4-12 hours, have 2100+ high-quality games, and SSL security on all credit and debit card payments. You can play in Canadian dollars and withdraw by VISA, Mastercard, iDebit, Instadebit, EcoPayz, Interac Online, Neosurf, and even Bitcoin.|
|While offering isn’t as large as other online casinos, it is still sizeable and allows you to double your first real money deposit. The deposit bonus is $500 with a match percentage of 100% and you receive 200 free spins when the deposit is successfully made. The minimum amount you can deposit is $20 Canadian dollars and no bonus code is needed to claim your free spins. The spins are given out over the course of 8 days, being evenly split into 25 a day for various games like the Book of Dead, Fire Joker, Starburst, Eastern Emeralds, Twin Spin, Gonzo’s Quest and more. They also offer a spin back feature, where you get a free spin on the game, Jammin Jars after 5 consecutive blanks. Withdrawal methods include VISA, Mastercard, Interac, Inpay, Skrill, MuchBetter, Neteller, EcoPayz, iDebit, Instadebit, and PaySafeCard.|
|At, you will receive 100 no deposit free spins and 900 extra spins on their Vampires vs Wolves casino game. Once you make your first deposit of at least $25 Canadian dollars, you will receive a 100% match bonus up to $100 dollars. They also have a total of $1,000 in deposit bonuses, as your second deposit is 25% up to $500, 50% on the third deposit up to $300, and a 100% match bonus up to $100 on the fourth deposit. They do have bonus codes that you will need to use to redeem your eligible bonuses. They are home to popular games like the Book of Dead, Tower Quest, and Phantom of the Opera. They use software from Microgaming, Elk Studios, Betsoft, Play ‘n Go, and Pragmatic Play.|
|This online casino has an exclusive 20 no deposit free spins to their Jammin’ Jars slot game (new players) andallows you to double your first deposit up to $500 in Canadian dollars. They have an adventure rewards track that allows you to earn bonus money and free spins and you can withdraw using Canadian banking options like Interac online and InstaDebit.|
|The current promotion at is a 20 no deposit free spins, plus a $1500 casino bonus with 100 extra real-money free spins. The 20 no deposit free spins are for their Book of Dead slot game and no bonus codes are needed to redeem the spins. While they were established in spring of 2019, they are created by those behind some of the best brands in the casino gaming business. They utilize Microgaming, Play ‘n Go, Quickspin, Quickfire, and Thunderkick. You can play in Canadian dollars and withdraw by Interac online, VISA, EcoPayz, Mastercard, iDebit, Instadebit, PaySafeCard, among others.|
|The offers up to $300 in bonuses and 60 spins on the Book of Dead slot game. The 60 spins come from a combination of signing up and depositing. You receive 10 free spins by creating an account and an extra 50 spins when you make a minimum of a $20 deposit. The first deposit has a 100% match bonus up to $300 but you must actively choose the bonus when making the deposit. The deposit bonus has a wagering requirement of 40X the sum of the received bonus and all winnings from free spins are paid out in real money. You can withdraw with VISA, Mastercard, Interac, iDebit, InstaDebit, EcoPayz, PaysafeCard and more.|
Why Canadian Players Love Free Spins & What Types You Will Encounter
Receiving a free spin most often occurs if you are joining an online casino as a new player, as they are often bundled with deposit bonus casino offerings and welcome bonus packages or act as the sole incentive to try out their casino games without making a deposit. While the term free spins, means exactly that, a free spin that is granted to you, they do come as different types. Canadian players love receiving free spins as it means a chance at earning free money without spending a dime.
- The best type of free spins are the free spins without deposit, sometimes called no deposit free spins or instant spins. These are granted to you as soon as your account is verified with the casino and can be used on specific games. For Canadian players who want to test out a casino’s online slots or overall game quality, these can be a perfect way to do that.
- The most common type of promotion you will see are the free spins deposit bonus, which gives you a decent amount of free spins for a reasonable and small deposit into the casino. This type of promotion is often paired with a match bonus that is given to you when you sign up as a new Canadian player on the online casino and may have wagering requirements that you have to meet before you can cash out the winnings earned with them.
- You may also see a deposit bonus with free spins or extra spins, where you will get a 100% bonus on top of your deposit up to a certain amount with bonus spins as part of the package. While these spins can be given to you all upfront, the casino is most likely to break them down over a specific period of time and across your deposits. For instance, you may get twenty spins upfront with your first deposit, twenty more on your second deposit, and thirty more on your third deposit. All these deposits will also come with a 100% bonus up to a certain amount. The issue that a lot of players run into with using free spins in this manner is that they come with playthrough requirements, which we will cover a bit later.
- Seasonal free spins are often given out during Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. These spins are tied to seasonal events within each casino and are used to help get the players into a festive mood.
- From time to time, online casinos will also offer free spin promotions and free spin prizes. With free spin promotions, these are often weekly or daily promotions that can be claimed by doing a certain action. Some online casinos will require you to make a small deposit, others may just require you to play a certain game on a certain day. The free spin bonuses will drastically change from one casino to another. With free spin prizes, these are often given out to those who are enrolled in the casino’s loyalty or VIP program and are a part of your “perks” for being a member. Some casinos will also have free spin tournaments or give out free spins as rewards for completing challenges, earning achievements, or hitting certain win combinations.
Finally, if you are looking for an online casino that you can play from your tablet or smartphone, you may also come across mobile casino free spins, which are essentially the same thing as regular free spins for desktop/web-based online casinos but can be redeemed on Android and IOS devices. For instance, Microgaming, PlayTech, and Netent all have mobile-friendly casino offerings that come with free spins.
What to Look Out for When Considering A Casino’s Free Spin Offerings
While all the online casinos we are going to recommend are secure, safe, and trustworthy, there are a few things that you will want to look out for when deciding on which casino offering you are going to go for.
- Pay attention to whether the free spins come with wagering requirements or withdrawal limitations on winnings. A lot of the extra spins or spins found in deposit packages will have playthrough requirements that you need to meet before being able to cash out the winnings you have earned with them. In some online casinos, the spins will net you bonus cash or points and not necessarily real money that you can cash out. One of the most common wagering requirements is the 40X rule, which states that you must bet any bonus money at least 40 times before you can make a withdrawal, and this can apply to both the bonus money you receive and its winnings.
- To further the above point, some online free spin casinos will take away any prizes attached to the free spins if you win real money using them. If you are looking at the no deposit free spins, look for this clause in the fine print.
- Consider only playing at online casinos that offer free spins on low volatility slots, as these will reward you with more frequent, but smaller wins. While you may not earn a lot out of your free spins this way, you are far more likely to earn something rather than losing it all on a slot game that has a much higher risk.
- Try to always choose an online casino that has a short cash out speed. You don’t want to play with your spins, earn some real money, then wait forever to receive it. It’s not a fun experience.
- If your spins come with a bonus code, make sure to keep that code in a safe place until you are ready to redeem it. While not all online casinos have bonus codes, some do, and you will need to input it to receive your spins.