Canada Online Casino Bonus Guide 2020
Casino bonuses are one of the biggest incentives that internet gambling sites offer to players. Over the years, bettors worldwide have appreciated them, and no longer view them as a marketing gimmick. On several occasions, it has worked in favor of players who have won big. Except for the promise that it can win you a jackpot, such gifts are used to keep bettors playing for long and have fun.
Interestingly, in the recent past, there has been a cut-throat competition in the online gambling scene leading to more rivalry among the online sites. New offers and promotions have been introduced in the market as well as more internet gambling sites have emerged. This article explores into detail everything related to online casino bonuses and gives a recommendation of the best Canadian casinos.
|100% matched first deposit bonus capped at €/$ 200 plus 20 free spins daily for the first five days. 50% matched second deposit bonus capped at €/$ 200 plus 50 free spins.|
|First four deposits matched 100% up to CAD 1600|
|First four deposits matched 100% up to CAD 1600.|
|100% matched first deposit bonus up to C$ 1,000.|
|100% matched bonus up to USD 200 plus 100 free spins.|
|100% matched up to $ 500 plus 20 free spins.|
|Welcome bonus up to CAD 1500 + 150 free spins, and 500 Zee Points.|
|CAD 88 no deposit bonus. Welcome bonus up to CAD 1500.|
|100% matched first deposit bonus. Subsequent two deposits also qualify for the bonus. Max bonus is CAD 1000.|
|Welcome Bonus of Up to $1,000 and 150 Extra Spins after Registration|
|A Welcome Bonus of Up to C$1,500 and 100 Free Spins|
|100% Welcome Bonus of Up to $500 and 200 Free Spins on Slots.|
|200% First Deposit Bonus of up to C$2,500 and 50 Extra Spins.|
|Up to $600 in welcome bonus and 200 free spins|
|Four-tier welcome deposit capped at $500 or 5 BTC.|
|Deposit Match up to $5000.|
Canada casinos with the best bonuses
There are a plethora of offshore internet gambling sites that target Canadian players. Still, within Canada, there are local gambling sites that are licensed in Canada and attract the local market. Therefore, there is a cut-throat competition that has made the sites resort to gifts and promotions to lure customers. However, not all sites conduct are legit. Some have a reputation for revoking offers, processing payments slowly, and conducting unfair games. Such red flags promoted our experts to conduct an independent examination of some of the online gambling sites. Below are the sites that passed the integrity, fairness, and transparency test. The sites had good customer service, reliable payment methods, and had the best bonuses for Canadian players.
Types of casino bonuses
- No Deposit offer – This offer is mostly offered to new customers who haven’t yet signed up with an internet gambling site. It is aimed at luring prospective players to try out the games offered and have a feel of the website. Surprisingly, this offer has worked for some casinos as there are players who make the final onboarding decision after trying out the games.
- Deposit Match-Up – this is the most popular type of welcome bonus and is found in almost all internet gambling sites. It is given to new players when they deposit a certain amount. The deposit sum is then multiplied to a by a certain percentage to form the bonus.
- Extra Spins – Also referred to as free spins, the offer applies only to slot games. They are considered the best bonuses because they involved little to no wagering requirements. Extra spins are mostly given in addition to other rewards and promotions.
- Reload gift – as the name suggests, this offer applies to gamblers who refill their online wallets. It is aimed at making players returning customers. This offer is seasonal, and it isn’t unusual for it to be unavailable sometimes.
- Cash Back – This offer allows gamblers to play real money games without the risk of losing their stake. It also gives them the guarantee that if they win, their account will be credited with real money. To prevent it from being abused, there is a limit on how much loss is allowed.
- Refer-a-Friend – this offer is extended to players to reward them for referring the casino to other players. If the referral opens and funds their account using the referral link of the referee, they are both given a bonus.
- Loyalty offer – this offer aims at rewarding bettors who have used the services of an internet gambling site for long. Time isn’t the only consideration for earning the bonus; you will be required to wager to a certain limit to be considered for the offer.
- High Roller/ VIP Bonus – bettors with a huge bankroll or those who make ‘whale’ transactions are usually given an offer that most of the time, revolves around convenience and comfort. Some of the common perks of this offer include dedicated account manager, tickets to exclusive events, faster payment processing to demonstrate but a small range.
How to choose the best casino bonuses
- Regulation – This is the most important consideration while choosing a casino offer. You should avoid offers from internet gambling sites that are not regulated. Scam gambling sites are not regulated; therefore, players who opt for their offers are frustrated in the end. Scam sites don’t pay out and frustrate players while making withdrawals for the money they deposited. Consider only offers from sites that are regulated by trusted regulators.
- Reviews – Check out the reviews on independent online forums and read expert reviews. While a site might be regulated, there could be clauses that have made the promotions advertised on its site have a bad name. Such red flags aren’t to be ignored, and the best place to spot them is on independent review websites.
- RTP – the return to player percentage dictates how easy it is for you to win real money. When faced with a choice between two offers with almost similar characteristics, it is advisable to go for the one that requires players to play games with a higher RTP.
- Wagering requirements – a gift with a low wagering requirement implies that a player has a high likelihood of unlocking the money. There is a high probability of unlocking the bonus with a 20X rollover requirement compared to one with 30X. In making the opt-in or not an opt-in decision, always give preference to offers with a low wagering requirement.
- Amount – Before deciding to opt-in for an offer, it is better to compare what its rivals are offering in terms of amount. New casinos are opening in Canada, and it is expected there will be intense competition in regards to the amount they are giving players.
- Restriction – Before you opt for a bonus, it is important to consider the jurisdiction limitation. While some sites might allow you to play games on their platform, others might restrict you from redeeming certain gifts. It can be a dreadful experience if you win and end up being locked out of the winnings because you didn’t observe such a clause.
Casino bonus terms and conditions explained
Players’ complaints in most online gambling forums revolve around gifts, rewards, and promotions. While sometimes the fault lies with the gambling sites, a considerable number of complaints have been attributed to a lack of clear interpretation of the casino’s terms and conditions. Below is an explanation of the most common terms and conditions.
This is the number of times you need to turn over the money for it to become available for withdrawing. It is also referred to as the turnover, rollover, or playthrough requirement. For instance, if a site’s conditions necessitate a 30X wagering requirement, if you win $1000, you will be required to wager $29000 to be able to withdraw. The best casino bonuses have a realistic wagering requirement, meaning it is achievable. Rogue casinos have unrealistic wagering requirements coupled by ambiguous terms aimed at exploiting players.
Not all games have an equal contribution towards clearing the bonus money. It implies it is easier to unlock the money while playing certain games, unlike others. The contribution ratio vary from operator to operator, regardless of the casino, slots have the highest contribution – which is 100% in most establishments.
All casino offers come with a time limit on which the gifts are expected to be redeemed. For instance, most of the first deposit bonuses are always expected to be claimed during the first week of opening an account and to be rolled over during the first 30 days.
This refers to the ceiling of how much you can bet using the bonus money. Had this clause been left out, players would bet max to arrive at the rollover requirement faster. Betting limits were introduced to make it more competitive and hard to ‘cheat’.
Can I qualify for a bonus if I play from mobile?
Yes, the applicable gifts will be shown on your mobile site. Visit the promotion and offers page to check.
What is a casino bonus code?
It is an automatic entry to a promotion that is achieved by inputting specific letters, numbers, or their combination while opening an account or when you make deposit to your account.
Is there a limit on how much I can redeem?
Yes, all casinos have a limit as to how bettors can claim. The terms and conditions page highlights the maximum amount you can claim.
Can I withdraw the casino bonus?
You can withdraw your bonus only upon attaining the wagering requirements and fulfilling all the terms and conditions.