A Casino Deposit Guide on Free Bonuses for 2020
A quick search online is going to provide you with countless results for online casinos, all of which have various themes, loyalty programs, game types, and free promotional bonuses. While many casino goers love themed casinos and specific types of games like slots and card tables, generally, it is the free signup bonuses at no deposit casinos that bring them successfully through the online registration process. Why? It is free money that you can wager and for new players, that is a big deal. In this guide, we are going to look at what free signup bonuses are at no deposit casinos, what type of wagering requirements they may have, why free bonuses are so popular among Canadian players, and how you can multiply your free money as a new gambler. Plus, we will also look at a brief no deposit bonus casino list of some of the best online casinos for Canadians in 2020.
What Are No Deposit Casinos and Why Are They So Popular Among Canadians?
With every gamble that a casino goer makes, they know that they have the chance to either strike it rich and win some money or go home with less than what they came into the casino with. And we all know the sting that comes with losing our hard-earned money, which is why gambling for free or taking advantage of no deposit bonus casinos is such a popular option among Canadians and international gamblers alike. But what are no deposit casinos exactly?
An online casino that offers players a bonus when they sign up, whether it be free spins, free cash, or free plays, is part of the “no deposit casino” category. Almost all premier online casinos have no deposit bonuses that you can redeem after you register for a free account and they are usually listed boldly and brightly across the casino’s homepage. These bonuses require no deposit to claim and you unlock them by signing up for a free (real money) account with the casino. Keep in mind that you will have to verify your account, which is often done by the email you register with, and you may be given a no deposit bonus code to copy and paste in the redemption part of your online account.
What are the Different Types of No Deposit Bonuses?
There are several different forms in which you may receive a no deposit bonus from an online casino. Generally, though, you must be a new player that has not made a deposit into the online casino before. The most common types of no deposit bonuses are as follows.
- Receive Free Cash. This would be free money that is provided to new players when they sign up for a real money account with the casino. The cash can be used to explore the website and try out a few casino games, technically for free or “on the house”.
- Receive Free Spins with No Deposit. Sometimes new players are given free spins when they register with a real money account that do not have any wagering requirements. This means that any money you win with these free spins is yours to withdraw as you want, when you want. However, these types of free spins will need to be used at a specific online slot or game. So, some casinos will give you 25 free spins to their most popular games like the Dragon Kingdom, Chimney Sweep, Charms Crush, Book of Dead, and Fruit Zen.
- Receive Free Spins for a Free Play Session. New players are also sometimes given free spins when they register for a real money account that do not have any wagering requirements but must be used at a specific time of day. However, you can use them on any game that you want to within the casino.
- Receive Cash Back. You may also come across a cash back bonus which does not require you to have made a deposit to receive the bonus but is given to players as a result of incurring losses on the casino. While you do have to deposit to play at the casino, the cash back bonus is more like a bonus perk for playing at that casino rather than an actual bonus. However, it is still real money that you are getting back for playing.
While many online casinos offer no deposit bonuses as an incentive to get players to register with them and wager money, they do offer no deposit bonuses for other reasons beyond purely getting players through the door. When an online casino hits an anniversary date or hits a new milestone in their journey as a casino platform, they will offer things like free spins and free money to both new and existing players to get them to come celebrate with the casino. Some casinos even give players free cash bonuses on their birthdays to celebrate the player for devoting their time and money on the casino platform.
How Do No Deposit Bonuses Work?
Once you have registered for a real money account on the online casino and have verified your account via email, you will be rewarded with your no deposit bonus. This will either be done instantly for you or you will be given a bonus code that you have to redeem on the website. Once you have your no deposit bonus, you simply enjoy it. If it is free spins for a specific game, go ahead and play it. If it is free cash, use it as you want on the game you want. Players that accrue winnings with their bonus cash or free spins may withdraw it permitting that they meet any wagering requirements that are attached to the bonus. Once you have used up your bonus, you can lot out and leave or you can an initial deposit to take advantage of the regular welcome bonuses.
Understanding Wagering Requirements and No Deposit Bonuses.
A wagering requirement is a type of rule that are often attached to bonuses as a way to stop players from signing up and immediately asking for a withdrawal (especially in the case of free cash). For players that want to cash out their winnings from a bonus, they must meet the wagering requirement. For instance, a common wagering requirement is 20x and the 40x rule, where players must wager the bonus amount at least 20 or 40 times before they can cash out. That means that if you are receiving $25 in free cash from the casino and it has a 20x wagering rule, you will need to wager $500 before your withdrawals can be processed.
The easiest way to get through the wagering requirements is to wager on slot games. While you can wager on table games and video poker, the wagering will take longer as you will not place as many bets as quickly as you would on a slot game. Progressive jackpot slots and live dealer games usually do not count towards the wagering requirements. It is important to double check the fine print here before you start wagering any bets.
What Are the Advantages to No Deposit Bonus Casinos?
- You receive free cash or free spins just for signing up. You can test out the casino for free this way before deciding on whether you want to deposit or not.
- You increase your chances of winning. The more real money or free spins you have to play with, the more likely it is that you will win. It is very possible to hit a jackpot using bonus amounts, giving you a larger bankroll to play with or a nice pot to withdraw.
- Risk Free Play Time. With no deposit bonuses, you get risk-free play time to check out the games you are interested in and try out new strategies.
- Check Out New Game Variations. If there are new slots out on a casino that you are not signed up with, you can use no deposit bonuses to check these out and decide on whether you like them or not. It’s a great way to see if you are willing to risk hard-earned money on the casino or not. Of course, let’s not forget about testing out new games as well!
While the advantages are fantastic, do be mindful that there is sometimes maximum cash outs that have limitations, there may be wagering requirements, and free spins are often given out for low stake slots where winnings are very small. Plus, bonus funds can be restricted to specific games, so do not get caught up in gambling at a specific casino just because they are offering a certain no deposit bonus.
How Do I Multiply Free Cash Bonuses?
Once you have fulfilled the wagering requirements for your no deposit bonuses and have some real money credit balance, consider looking at the welcome packages that the casino has to offer. These are often provided with a deposit and can give you some free cash or free spins to play with. This is a great way to maximize your free cash bonuses and increase your credit balance if you have luck on your side. Keep in mind though that sign-up bonuses tend to come with higher wagering requirements, so be sure to check out the fine print before making the decision to deposit.
What Are Some of the Best Canadian No Deposit Casinos of 2020?
As of right now, the PlayAmo casino is offering a 24 no-deposit free slots spins on sign up.
If you really enjoy free spins, then check out 21.com as they are having a no deposit sign up bonus for 100 free spins and 10 spins a day for the first 10 days.
If Jammin’ Jars slot game is one of your favorites, then Casumo has a 20 no deposit free spins offer for you.
You can get 10 no deposit free spins on sign up at Johnny Jackpot.
If you sign up with Rizk this month, you will receive a minimum of 10 free spins up to $25 in free money instantly on sign-up.
Of course, if you do choose to make a deposit at any of the above casinos, you will be able to receive nice welcome bonuses that either match your deposit, provide you with free spins, or even give you cash back.